Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Menu Planning Monday No.2

This week, I went a little easy on myself. :)

I planned breakfasts, lunches and dinners for everyone, but I purposely chose some easy dinner recipes that didn't require much (if any) prep...hope you enjoy!

(PS - don't forget to check back to this page often to see updated links to recipes that might not be posted just yet!)

Breakfasts:
Mike: No-Carb Breakfast Lasagna
Lynne: Chia Pudding
Kids: Pancake Squares & Fruit/Yogurt

Lunches:
Mike: grown-up lunchables, mixed nuts, hard-boiled egg, cheese stick & fruit
Lynne: Pasta Fagioli & Fruit
Kids: lunchables or breakfast burritos, crockpot apple pie, grapes, chips & drink

Dinners:
Monday: Eat Out (husband and the big kids go to BSF so he takes them to dinner; Zoe and I grab dinner on our own)
Tuesday: Fiesta Salad, Corn, Yogurt/Fruit
Wednesday: Crockpot BBQ Chicken, Roasted Green Beans, Yogurt/Fruit
Thursday: Crockpot Beef & Noodles, Roasted Green Beans, Yogurt/Fruit
Friday: Rylie's Birthday Sleepover - a couple moms may hang out, so in addition to chicken nuggets + snacks for the kids, I'm making mini cheesecakes, avocado greek yogurt dip & chips, caramel apple dip & apples/cinnamon pita chips


On Saturday, my ladybug turns SEVEN! I can't believe she's that old already!! We asked her where she wanted to go for dinner - told her she could pick just about anywhere. So, she chose to stay at home and asked me to cook breakfast for dinner! :) Her daddy was so proud...that little girl could eat breakfast for breakfast, breakfast for lunch and breakfast for dinner and never get sick of it!

Come back next week to see recipes posted from her birthday breakfast/dinner - right now, I'm thinking we'll have:

Breakfast Casserole - lots of people have different versions of this recipe. The one I grew up with is my mom's and I love it!

Pancake Casserole - I made this one this week for the kids (see above!) and it turned out great - it's basically a giant pancake...what's not to love?

Cinnamon Rolls - I love making tiny cinnamon rolls - they are SUPER cute and don't require much effort. BIG wow factor in my opinion!

Fruit Salad - YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment