Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

New Beginnings

I've written and re-written this post so many times...I don't even know where to start. Sigh. I guess I'll start by giving you a list of things I plan hope to share in my posts:

1. Food! I love food - I love to cook it, bake it, buy it, eat it, you name it. I love it. I express love through food much of the time - I love to plop a plate full of food down in front of my husband or kids and watch them gobble it up. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. :)

The place we're at in life today doesn't allow me to putz around the kitchen and just play or experiment near as much as I'd like to, but I still try to incorporate my love for cooking into our everyday lives. One of the ways that I do that is by planning a full menu (breakfast, lunch and dinner for all five of us!) each weekend for every single week. We sit down as a family every night (with only a few exceptions) to dinner, so it's important to have something we like to eat.

It's a balancing act trying to fine new recipes every week that meet all of our needs - yummy, healthy, quick, easy AND inexpensive...we're demanding folks! But, I'll try to share the recipes I find that have passed at least one of these requirements! If it doesn't pass all of them, I'm not likely to put it in my rotation!


2. Pinterest - I've become Pinterest obsessed! I realized this recently when during the course of a conversation I referenced Pinterest about 5 times. Seriously. In one conversation. Sometimes I'll share new recipes; sometimes I'll share funny/pretty words I find, sometimes I'll share projects I've attempted. Comments are always welcome!


3. Other- these are posts that will really run the gamut. I've never been big on airing my dirty laundry for the whole world to see, and you won't see it here either. BUT, life is hard and sometimes we need to lean on each other! I have come across countless blogs over the past few months/years where I have found so much encouragement - there are people out there who have some of the same struggles, and there are a lot of good tips to learn! I might share some encouraging words with you, or I might need some encouraging words from you! As a believer and follower of Christ, I hope that you will see LESS OF ME and MORE OF HIM in seemingly small things, like this site, and in big things, like my life and interactions with those around me.

So, all that said, thank you for joining me on this journey! Feel free to drop me a note anytime.

Have a great day!

Lynne


No comments:

Post a Comment